Monday, July 25, 2011

My antique shopping treasures...



Here are the spoils from my girl's day out antiquing trip from last Saturday. We had it planned in advance and were so excited when the day finally arrived. I made treat bags filled with snacks and bottles of water, as I knew we would need the extra energy. I had to include some chocolate, of course! I plan to refinish the piano bench and add a padded fabric top. It will become a window seat for the cats, most likely. I also have plans to paint and "shabby up" the other pieces. I got some great old cookbooks for a grand total of $5, and one has awesome pages that would look great framed. The old glass mason jar is from Italy, and even though it is antique, it will become my "homemade refrigerator pickles" jar. I have been having the hardest time finding a glass container large enough to make them in. I have my new project pics ready to post tomorrow, along with a new piece of clip art. My eyes are starting to roll back into my head though, so I think it is time to head to bed. Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment