Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hand written Benjamin Franklin Letter clip art



Here's a neat historical piece of clip art to use in your mixed media art. I can't make out all of the words, but maybe some of you can. I love using handwritten text in my pieces, and do so quite often.
Today's project was making a new house number plaque for out new home. We currently have the plain plastic black numbers, and with the Victorian style of our home, I felt it needed something a little more fancy. The total cost will be less than if I bought a premade plastic plaque like they sell at Home Depot and Lowes. I will post the pics and a tutorial tomorrow. Have a good night! I hope to see you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Inclosed is my letter to Mr. Fox. I beg you would assure him, that my expressions of esteem for him are not mere professions. I really think Him a great man, and I could not think so, if I did not believe he was at bottom, and would prove himself a good one ( Guard him against mistaken notions of the American People, you have deceived yourselves too long with vein expectations of vaping advantage from our little Discontents. We are more thoroughly an enlightened People, with respect to our political interests than perhaps any other under Heaven). Every man among us reads, and is so easy in his Circumstances as to have Leisure for Conversations of Improvement, and for acquiring Information. (Our domestic Misadvantages, when we have them are of small EXtent, this is monstrously magnified by your microscopic Newspapers.) He who judges from them, that we are on the Point of falling into Anarchy, or returning to the Obedience of Britain, is like one who being shown some spots on the Sun, should fancy that the whole Dish/Disk would soon be overspread by them, and that there would be an End of day light.

    ReplyDelete