Friday, August 12, 2011

Studio car vintage ad


Happy Friday folks! Actually, in a little over 2 hours, it will be Saturday for me. Yesterday was crazy busy, and I felt like I was on the phone and running errands all day. I made a sweet pepper avocado soup from scratch, and forgot how much work goes into "from scratch" anything...and the mess it leaves. I was so tuckered out last night, I completely forgot to post anything. Today I had some time to start on a larger painting, with a background of palette knife acrylic paint and collaged text papers. Once I get on a roll with a large collage, I find it hard to stop. Alas, we had to eat supper at some point, so I threw in the towel after 3 hours of painting, cutting, and gluing.
Today's clip art is a vintage ad for a studio car that would tour around and offer portraits. This company was based out of St. Paul, MN....a place near and dear to my heart. I thought it was a fun little piece of history. Hope everyone has a safe & happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment